Manage System Role and Admin in TimeTec VMS
TimeTec VMS is a cloud-based visitor management system designed to better manage and monitor visitors at your workplace. Having specific individuals assigned as the admin roles to manage and monitor the system will facilitate the setup and update process. In this article, we will guide you to manage the system role and add admin(s) in the TimeTec VMS.
1. To view or create new System Role, at the Master account, go to Settings > General Settings > System Role
2. Click on the Add button at the System Role section in order to add a new system role.
3. Insert the Role Name and Description for the System Role. To select the access rights for this role, click on the Partial Module. For each module available, you can select which control this role is authorized to (e.g. view only, able to edit or to disable the module from viewing). Once this is completed, click on the Submit button.
5. Next, click on Manage Admin > Add to assign admin for this role.
6. Fill in the information for the Admin (name, email, office phone number, and select a suitable role from the drop-down list based on the selections created). Then, click Create.
* Please note that a valid email address will be required for this purpose. Users will need to activate their email by clicking the activation link provided in the email.
7. The Admin name will be displayed as shown below, after it has been successfully added.
8. After a user has been assigned as an admin, they will be able to view or edit as per the system role setting.
Below is a comparison of a normal user account and an Admin account:
Before being added as an Admin, the users will also have limited control of access to the TimeTec VMS. Normal users will only be able to invite visitors, generate visitors reports and review his/her own account profile.
After being added as Admin, users will now be able to check-out visitors, manage company and review settings. All according to the system role setting.
Note: If some of the screenshots or steps viewed here are different from the ones in the current system, this is due to our continuous effort to improve our system from time to time. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will update it as soon as possible.