How to Fix Attendance for Missed Punch Data in TimeTec TA
Employee's attendance data is valuable for companies to generate relevant reports to help manage your workforce. In the case which employees have forgotten to punch in, there will be no attendance record available to be generated from. However, with the solid evidence and discretion, the admin is able to accomplish, these data can be edited manually into the system. This article will be guiding the admin with the steps that need to be done when employees have encountered such a situation.
How to View Missed Punch Data
1. To view any missed punches by the users, go to Report > Attendance Listing > Tardiness Report by User.
2. Before you generate the report, please ensure you have ticked the ‘Missed Punch’ and click ‘Submit’ to generate the report.
3. Below is an example of the generated ‘Tardiness Report by User’.
Red Box: ‘MP’ Referring to Missed Punched. The symbol ‘●’ indicates Missed Punch was detected on that particular date.
Blue Box: Total of Missed Punch in the selected period of date.
How to Fix Attendance for Missed Punch Data
1. The process of fixing attendance data shall be done by an authorized user which has been already assigned as the Admin in TimeTec TA.
2. Go to Attendance > Attendance.
3. Filter the date and the name that you wish to fix the attendance for missed punch data and click the filter button.
4. Click the ‘Pencil’ icon to edit the attendance data.
5. In this pop out, you can fill in the missing attendance data and it is advisable to fill in the remark as well. Click the ‘tick’ button to save.
6. Once the missing attendance is saved, all the information will appear in the attendance sheet. Please note that the edited data will display in BOLD to indicate the data has been manually edited and filled in by the Admin.
7. This process will also reflect in the data on the Attendance Report. Below is an example of the Electronic Time Card Report generated for user No 5. By adjusting the attendance data, it will also recalculate the work and short hours calculation to ensure all the parameters are in line with the schedule setting.
Note: If some of the screenshots or steps viewed here are different from the ones in the current system, this is due to our continuous effort to improve our system from time to time. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will update it as soon as possible.