Face ID 4 and Face ID 4D FMM220 WIFI Customization
WIFI connection is widely used these days to connect users with the most recent technology and updates. It provides users with greater mobility where the user can connect to a network or the Internet while moving freely around the space. For organizations that select the best mobile connectivity options, the choice often comes down to a WIFI connection.
At FingerTec, we offer a variety of selections of WIFI devices to meet the customer’s needs. Among the devices which FingerTec supports through the WIFI are Face ID 4 and Face ID 4D FMM220.
Basically, customers can have an option to purchase the Face ID 4 and Face ID 4D FMM220 with or without the WIFI function. For customers that have already bought the Face ID 4 or Face ID 4D FMM220 that comes without the support of the WIFI function, here are the tips you need to carry out the WIFI Modification, if necessary.
Face ID 4 and Face ID 4D FMM220 WIFI Modification requires the WIFI Module and the WIFI Antenna. If you need to perform the customization, you may send us an inquiry to www.fingetec.com or call our reseller for further assistance.
1) Unscrew the back cover and open it. Please be careful when you are disconnecting the speaker cable. The speaker is located at the back cover whereas the connector is located at the MCU.
2) Disconnect RLED cable, RFID cable, USB cable, GND and Touch panel flex cable from the MCU
3) Take out the MCU by slightly pushing forward the cover clip from MCU and pull it out from the MCU.
4) Separate the LCD Screen from the MCU by slightly pushing the LCD screen bracket clip and carefully pull up the LCD screen bracket from the MCU. There you will find a LCD Flex cable connects to the MCU and that needs to be disconnect by slightly pulling the black clip toward the Flex cable (Please do not fully pull out the clip. Ensure the cable is just about loose from the connector) and then you may pull the cable out cautiously.
6) Reverse step for the installation for MCU by connecting all back and peel of the WiFI Antenna sticker and stick on the front cover before closing it with the back cover
7) Power Up and Connect Face ID 4 or Face ID 4D with computer using the Ethernet cable for software update. Here is the link for the software update tools:
8) Configure Face ID 4 or Face ID 4D to connect it with WIFI
Menu > COMM > Wireless Network > WIFI (ON) > choose WIFI that want to be connected