How to Fix Wrongly Billed Water & Electricity Charges in i-Account
In i-Account, invoices for Water and Electricity are issued based on meter reading values that the user adds or imports into the system. At times, a wrong meter reading value could have been added for certain units, leading to an incorrect calculation of the usage and invoice amount.
If this is only detected after the invoice is generated, certain steps can be taken to rectify the records. To make the correction, refer to the steps listed below.
Please note that we refer to “Water” in our guide below but the same steps are applicable for both Water and Electricity billing.
How to Fix Wrong Billing
If a Water meter bill is wrongly charged, there are 2 options:
1. Once invoices have been generated for the water meter reading, users can view the invoices at the Water Meter page. In our example below, if the water meter reading for unit A-1-1 on 21st April 2021 is incorrect, we can void the invoice that has been generated. Check the invoice number by clicking on the view invoice icon.
3. Next, go to System > Maintenance > Void a Transaction to void the incorrect invoice. For the Transaction Type menu, select the Sales Invoice option.
5. After selecting the invoice, users will be directed to the bottom of the page, where we can enter a Memo to record why the invoice needs to be voided. Then, click on the “Void Transaction” icon to proceed with the void action.
8. After the invoice has been voided, go to the Property > Water Meter page again to edit the meter reading. The edit icon will appear once the invoice has been successfully voided.
9. Click on the edit icon to amend the water meter reading for that particular unit and click “Update” to save the changes.
10. After entering the correct meter reading, you can now generate a new invoice for this unit at Property > Batch Invoice page using the edited reading.
a) Issue Credit Note for the Whole Invoice
1. For the 2nd option, we will use another unit, B-1-4 as the example.
3. Select the owner and Credit Note Items, then enter the price based on the invoice amount for water billing. Click the (+) icon to add the item in the line.
6. Select the owner’s name, for instance owner for B-1-4. System will show the Credit Note that has been issued to that particular owner.
8. Users will be directed to the Allocate Customer Payment or Credit Note page. Allocate the amount to the water bill.
Next, you need to import a new meter reading for the same reading date.
Normally, for each unit number, the system only allows entry of one reading on each date.
To import a 2nd reading for the same date, you have to key in "edit" in the Edit column of the csv file.
In, the import file, you must key in the Previous Reading Date & Previous Reading Value (in addition to the Current Reading).
If you leave the previous reading columns blank, the system checks existing records in the system in order to calculate the usage. As the previously entered reading for this unit was incorrect, this will lead to incorrect calculation of usage/fail to be imported.