Scan Visitor’s ID / License Card to Register in TimeTec VMS using OCR Feature
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a feature in i-Vizit, whereby printed texts are digitized to allow for editing, storing, and display. As such, i-Vizit OCR is capable of producing a high degree of recognition accuracy allowing it to capture information from the scanned ID, Licence, or Passport Card during the check-in registration process. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free process, it is advisable to perform the necessary settings and calibrate the OCR feature before using it. The usage of a tablet stand is highly recommended to achieve better accuracy and keeping the calibrated and actual ID placement at a constant position. Below will be the setup process for OCR features in the TimeTec VMS using the i-Vizit app.
1. Please login to the i-Vizit app on your tablet using the registered Security Account in your TimeTec VMS. Kindly refer to this link http://www.fingertectips.com/2020/03/how-to-setup-security-account-in_31.html for guideline on setting up the security account in TimeTec VMS.
2. Log in and tap on More at the bottom of the screen.
3. Then, click on Settings.
4. Click on the OCR Settings
5. Select the country and enable the OCR feature.
6. To calibrate the OCR feature, click on the Settings gear icon on the top right corner of the screen.
7. Select the type of card you wish to calibrate.
8. Place the card at the back of the tablet at an optimum position to ensure better accuracy.
9. Capture the photo of the card.
10. Drag and drop the edges to set the area of the card to be cropped. Then, click Next to proceed.
11. Drag and drop the cropping area to set for the user's image. Click on Submit once it is completed.
12. Once the calibration is completed, a success message pop-up window will be prompted.
13. The green tick indicates that the ID type has been calibrated. Please note that re-calibration might be required if the cardholder placed at the back of the tablet has been readjusted.
14. You may click on Test Capture to test and verify if the ID type has been calibrated properly.
15. Once you have completed the OCR calibration, you may use this feature during the check-in registration process. Click on Snap Photo (OCR) during the Visitor Registration Process and select the type of ID to scan. The Name and ID number information will be captured from the card. Please check and ensure the extract data is correctly inputted.
Note: If some of the screenshots or steps viewed here are different from the ones in the current system, this is due to our continuous effort to improve our system from time to time. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will update it as soon as possible.