How to Install OFIS Scanner in Windows 8
Microsoft’s latest operating system Windows 8 not only encourages us to use Digitally Signed Drivers, but it also checks to see if the driver has been modified. If the driver has been modified, the operating system will abort the installation. Take the FingerTec OFIS Scanner’s driver for instance; Windows 8 will not install the driver as it is not digitally signed. Even when you update the driver, Windows 8 will not let you complete the installation.
However, we have a solution to this problem. To fix this problem:
1. From the Start Screen, click Settings.
2. Click Change PC Settings.
3. Click General.
4. Scroll down and look for Advance startup. Click Restart Now.
5. After the restart, you are required to choose an option. Click Troubleshoot.
6. Click Advance Options and click Startup Settings.
7. At the Startup Settings, click Restart.
8. In the next menu, press F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
9. Go to Device Manager and update the OFIS-Y Fingerprint Reader’s driver.
10. This time around, Windows 8 will prompt a security window to reconfirm the installation. Click Install this driver software anyway.
11. Once the installation has completed, you can now use the OFIS-Y with Windows 8.
Contributed by: Zul
Written by: Vincent