Use Inactive User Tab to Contain Dormant Users
Please note that the information and images below refer to TimeTec TA software. However, this particular module/ feature is also available in TimeTec Patrol and TimeTec Leave with the same rules and functionality, hence you can also use this as reference for all three abovementioned softwares.
TimeTec TA offers Inactive User option to filter users who are no longer valid in your system due to termination, suspension or resignation. It doesn’t mean that you can’t delete users completely from the system. However, there are cautions to be aware of when you delete users.
User deletion is easy but the risk is, you will be deleting everything about that particular user at the point of no return. Hence, this feature provides a better option for administrators to manage users in TimeTec TA because not all users left your organization for good. Some perhaps go for sabbatical, unpaid leave and etc. Therefore, when you decided to reactivate these users again, you can when there are in the Inactive User list. Let’s learn how to do it.
Moving users to Inactive User list
1) Login to your TimeTec TA account
2) Go to User tab > Select your user > Click Edit > Click Employee Information tab > Click the Employment status drop down menu
3) In the Employment Status > select the status for that user > Click Submit
4) Then, go to the Inactive User tab > Click Inactive User > view all Inactive users in this tab
In case you want to reactivate the users, do the following steps:
1) Select your user ID > Click Reactivate
2) It will prompt a message to confirm user reactivation > Click Submit
In extreme cases where you are really certain that these users will no longer be required in your organization, Delete them.
1) Go to User tab > Select Manage User > Tick which user ID that you want to delete from the system > Click Manage > Select Delete User > A message will be prompted to alert you of the risk when you delete a user.
2) Once confirmed, click OK to proceed.
Note: Data of deleted users will disappear from the system and it’s irretrievable.