Creating Weekly Schedule with Flexible Overtime on Weekends in Ingress & TCMS V3 – Suitable for those who allow overtimes on off days or rest days.
There are companies that allow their employees to take overtime on off days and rest days on flexible schedules, which mean that they will only be paid for overtime based on their total work hours taken of the off or rest days.
By creating a new schedule for this flexible overtime, you can later add this schedule into the existing group duty roster without having to create a new group duty roster to cater for this overtime work on weekend. With this additional schedule, the admin can easily calculate the work hours and the data is compatible to payroll software of choice.
1. Create a Weekly Schedule. Key in the times for workdays only. Do not fill in the times for the off days/rest days.
Please be informed that the below configurations are done on Ingress software, as shown in the accompanying images. However, this can also be applied in TCMSV3 to achieve comparable results, as the configuration is similar with only a slight difference in the interface.
2. Create a new Flexi Schedule, select Day type as Restday or Offday for the weekend.
3. On the Flexi Schedule > Go to General tab, select maximum IN OUT pair (this depends on the Weekday Schedule that you have set, if only IN and OUT is used, select maximum pair as 1). Insert time range in Double Punch to prevent double transactions within the minutes defined here.
5. Go to Group Duty Roster > Edit > Auto Schedule, select new Flexi Schedule for Weekend.
6. With the above settings, you can see the worktime of the employee being calculated as overtime in the Attendance Sheet if they come to work on their off days or rest days.