10 Frequently Asked Questions About FingerTec Database Integration with ERP Solutions
Data from FingerTec devices can be integrated with ERP solutions to cater to our customer’s requirements. However, there are some that we could not do due to Security reasons.
By integrating our devices and database with your ERP System, you can fetch and interpret the data in your own way, to cater to your own requirements. By having this FAQ, you will gain more understanding on which operations that can be done, and which not.
1. Which type of database is used to store the data in Attendance DB?
Please refer to http://www.fingertec.com/softwareselectionguide/ for more details about database engine for all FingerTec Software.
2. If storage of data is by relational database, then what is the table structure used?
The answer to that question is confidential due to security purpose.
3. What is the database language used to query the records from the database?
We couldn’t provide the details due to security reasons.
4. Is Attendance DB compatible to support with Relational Database Management System like Oracle?
You can use the FingerTec Data Processor (FTDP) software to integrate with MSSQL & Oracle database. Check out information about FTDP here: http://www.fingertec.com/images/w_brochure/software-FTDP_e.html
5. In what format is the data stored in Attendance DB? Encrypted or compressed? If encrypted, what is the encrypting algorithm used?
We have prepared various articles to attend to your questions but we couldn’t expose the encrypting algorithm due to security reasons.
FTDP with Third Party System - Click Here.
FTDP with MSSQL database - Click Here.
FTDP with Oracle database - Click Here.
FTDP setup file - Click Here.
FTDP manual - Click Here.
6. Does your Attendance DB use open source, web server or it has its own server technology?
This information is confidential to us.
7. Does Attendance DB provide any API's to fetch the data?
You can use our Software Development Kit (SDK) to use our FingerTec Terminal with your third party system.
FingerTec BioBridge SDK comes with DLL and ActiveX formats and currently supports Windows 9x/2000/NT platforms. It works well on many development environments including of Visual Basic 6.0, Delphi 7.0, Visual C++, Microsoft.Net and etc.
You can refer to the links below for more detail about SDK:
8. Is your Attendance DB compatible with Windows? If yes, can you share with us the ODBC driver?
Yes, all FingerTec Software are compatible with Windows platform.
If you are using 64bit operating system, you need to go to C drive > Windows > SysWOW64 > double click at odbcad32.exe to add the database at the User Data Source.
( C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe )
9. What is the username and password for the Attendance DB?
You can configure directly the username and password when you install the MySQL Server.
10. What is the recommended specification of the Attendance DB Server? Does it need a Static IP?