Terminal Model Does Not Appear While Adding Terminal to TimeTec
Recently we received some feedback from customers regarding how the terminal model does not appear when adding the terminal to TimeTec. We have documented the solution to this problem for your reference. Resellers are encouraged to take note of these problems and provide support when necessary. Understanding problems and their solutions can reduce support lead-time, which could then translate to more satisfied customers.
I can 'ping' the terminal but the terminal model does not appear when I try to add a terminal in TimeTec.
Normally if the terminal IP, Gateway, Webserver IP & Webserver Port settings is correct, it is possible that the problem is with the computer’s Firewall. Below are the instructions to enable the Port to enable the terminal to be connected to the TimeTec software.
1) Click Start > Control Panel.
2) Select Window Firewall.
3) Select Advanced Settings.
4) Select Inbound Rules and create 'New Rule...'.
5) Select Port and click Next.
6) Select TCP, Insert port 80 then click on Next button.
7) Select 'Allow the connection' and click Next.
8) Select all options to apply this rule.
9) Finally, insert a Name & Description (optional) to complete the process.
10) After completing the above settings, go to: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager > Then click Restart.
11) Finally restart your Fingertec Device, and re-activate your device.
Initiated and Written by: Jazz