Using the OFIS-Y Scanner with TCMS V2The OFIS-Y Scanner works with the TCMS v2 by using a file name Biokey.ocx. The version of Biokey.ocx is different for both OFIS-X and OFIS-Y scanners. In the current TCMS V2, you will find that the OFIS-Y scanner does not work with the software, as the Biokey.ocx file in the software does not support it.
To use the OFIS-Y with the TCMS V2, you will need to update the Biokey.ocx file in the TCMS V2. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of TCMS V2.2.022. Update your software if you are running an older version of TCMS V2.
- Click http://www.fingertec.com/download/TCMS_OFISY.zip to download the patch file of the TCMS V2 (you may also manually get the file in the Tips website > Download > Software)
- Unzip the file. You will see a file labelled ft.exe.
- Copy and paste this file into the TCMS V2 folder to replace the existing ft.exe file (You must exit the TCMS V2 program before proceeding with this step)
- Plug in the OFIS-Y scanner to the PC/laptop
- Run the TCMS V2 > Employee Management > Press ENROLL button. You will see a pop-up window requesting you to fill in the employee information.
Please note that you no longer be able to use TCMS V2 with the OFIS-X scanner after you perform the above steps. If you would like to switch to the OFIS-X scanner, you will need to uninstall and reinstall your software with the versions TCMS V2.2.022.
Initiated and Written by: Henry Pang