Importing FingerTec Data from Webster to Ingress / TCMS V3 Explained
Webster acts as a platform that allows user to access raw time attendance data from FingerTec hardware either installed locally or remotely. Additionally, this process also allows you to connect the data to your third-party application software effortlessly. In Webster, users can likewise save their terminal information, transaction logs and user data as raw database and can be imported as a readable file when transferring into Ingress or TCMS V3 software. Here, we will guide you on how this process can be carried out:
A: Import Data from Webster to Ingress / TCMS V3 software installed within the same server
1. Once installed Webster and Ingress, click at Ingress icon (top left) > Migration Wizard > Import > FingerTec Webster.
2. A Webster Migration Wizard pop-up will be displayed and you will then have to enter the Webster Database Server, Username, and Password.
3. Click login and you will now be able to start importing FingerTec device, Users, or Users Transaction Logs.
4. A notification pop-up will be displayed if you have successfully imported the data from Webster.
5. Once done, the data that has been successfully imported will be shown in Ingress / TCMS V3 software.
B: Import Data from Webster to Ingress / TCMS V3 software installed in a different server (within same network)
1. Once installed Webster in a server (within same network), a few settings will need to be done using SQLyog in the Webster Server. This needs to be carried out in order to allow Ingress (installed in other server) to import the data from the Webster database. When accessing SQLyog in Webster Server, you should be able to view the Webster Database as shown in the screenshot below.
2. Click at User Manager > Select Webster > Set the host, database password > save (Refer to the screenshot below).
3. Once configured the Webster database setting in Webster Server, you may then import the data into Ingress Server. Click at Ingress icon (top left) > Migration Wizard > Import > FingerTec Webster. Next, enter the Webster Database Server IP Address, Username, and Password.
4. Click login and you will then be able to import FingerTec Device, Users, or Users Transaction Logs.
5. Once done, the data that that has been successfully imported will be shown in Ingress / TCMS V3 software accordingly.
Note: If some of the screenshots or steps viewed here are different from the ones in the current
system, this is due to our continuous effort to improve our system from time to time. Please
notify us at email@example.com, we will update it as soon as possible.