TA300 USB Client ConnectionAs you all might already know, the TA300 uses a USB cable instead of the traditional TCP/IP or RS232/485 cable. The type of USB cable used for communication is called the Standard-B plug.
The Standard-B plug cable has a square shape with bevelled exterior corners. The cable is plugged into the "upstream receptacle" on a device that uses a removable cable, most noticeably for printers. On some devices, the Type B receptacle has no data connections, being used solely for accepting power from the upstream device. This two-connector-type scheme (A/B) prevents a user from accidentally creating an electrical loop.
Below are some informative solutions for troubleshooting TA300:
Q1: How do I enroll a user with the administrator privilege in TA300?
A1: You can enroll an administrator by using Fingerprint /Card / Password. The administrator’s user ID must be 8888.
Q2: How do I change the TA300 terminal’s language?
A2: You can change the terminal language by pressing 5555 and then the press the TimeSet button. Select the language by using IN and OUT button and press the OK button to save the changes. Restart the terminal for the changes to take effect.
Q3: I am getting an error message when performing the terminal activation.
A3: The TCMSv2 does not detect the TA300 terminal. Please make sure that you have connected the TA300 to the PC by using the USB extension cable and the power is switched ON. If you are still getting the same error message, kindly follow the steps below:
- Unplug the TA300 cable from the PC.
- Uninstall the TCMSv2 software and restart computer.
- Install the latest version of TCMS V2 software and restart the computer. If you are using Windows 7, please right click at the TCMS V2 setup file and select run as administrator to install the software.
- You can download the latest version TCMS V2 setup file at: http://www.fingertec.com/download/FingerTecTCMSv2Setup.zip Switch ON the TA300 and plug the USB cable to the computer. Please wait while the OS detects the terminal.
- Right click on the TCMSv2 icon and select run as administrator. Then perform the terminal activation.
- If problem still persists, please follow the steps below.
- Download the zip file here.
- Extract the file.
- Quit the TCMS V2 software.
- Copy theusbser.sys file and paste it to WINDOWS folder>SysWOW64 (for 64 bit platform)/System 32(for 32 bit platform)
- Copy the zkcdc.inf file and paste it to WINDOWS Folder> inf folder
- Restart the computer and start up the TCMSv2 software and perform the terminal activation.
Initiated and written by: Aidid