Manage Employees’ Approval Request for Edit Attendance
Although TimeTec TA offers various ways for employees to report attendance, occasionally, there may be some circumstances that prevent them from clocking in as usual. For example, an absent minded staff forgetting to check in or a mobile staff who couldn’t connect to the Internet from a remote site while using the App. Hence, employees need to find ways to inform admins of their irregular clocking activities and request for changes to be made on his/her records.
Recently, we have introduced a new Approval option in TimeTec TA, known as Edit Attendance. This option will allow users to edit their attendance data and this step would require superiors’ approvals. This function is also possible on both web browser and the mobile App. To use this option, admins must first set the approval rules for Edit Attendance in the system.
SET APPROVAL RULES – EDIT ATTENDANCE
Go to User > Manage Approval Rules > Add > Edit Attendance Settings
1. Set users
Name the Approval Process. Select the application where the approval process will take effect, in this case, TimeTec TA. Then, select the users to apply these approval rules.
2. Set the criteria to initiate the process
Based on your company policy, select the relevant criteria. From the default list, delete whichever is unnecessary or add Schedule no. and Day Type.
3. Set the approval process and approvers
You can set Auto Approve for automatic approval, or select Set Approvers if you require specific personnels to execute the approval process. Select ‘Set Approvers’ to set the approval process either by sequential, random or any number of approvers. Select the approver name to proceed. For this scenario, let’s set for ‘Sequential’. Click ‘Add Approvers’ and select ‘Based on System Roles’ or ‘User’ and place the approval sequence accordingly.
4. Set the validity period for the application
You can set the application validity period for the approvers to respond. For example, 5 days. Application that has not been approved within 5 days will then expire.
Once you have submitted, you will see that the approval rules has been added in and will be initiated on the effective date.
USER REQUEST EDIT ATTENDANCE
1. Once the approval rules have been set, users can start applying to Edit Attendance via TimeTec TA. Requests can be made from the Attendance section or from Approval > Request.
2. Select the date to edit, fill in the correct clocking details and provide a remark. Next, click Submit > Confirm.
3. Users can view their Edit Attendance Request Details at Approval > Status.
4. Users will be notified via notification once the request has been approved.
1. Within the Admin view, go to Approval to view any New requests. Click at the Status to view the request details.
2. To approve or reject, insert your comment and click on the Approve or Reject button. Select ‘Only disclose to approvers’ to limit the comment view to approvers only. Otherwise, both approvers and applicants will be able to see the comment.
For users of TimeTec TA mobile App, please refer here for additional guidance.